Thursday, February 17, 2011

Checklist

So as the time is ticking down I have actually had to make a checklist to make sure everything is done before the Princess makes her debut.  Yes, the Princess has a name but there are only three people who know at this point (her G-ma, Uncle Mark and her Mom). The rest of the world will be told once she get's here.

Back to the check list.  There is a check list to get the home ready, a check list to get work ready, and a check list of things to get.  I know I won't have everything in line but dammit if I a girl can't dream.  So far I am feeling pretty confident.  I think I have found day care for when I go back to work, a daughter of one of the ladies I work with.  I am hoping to eventually be able to put her in day care on post because that will just be more convenient.  My brothers (Eric, Mark & Joe) are coming over on Saturday to  help me move some furniture in the nursery so I can get the crib.  My Mom, Samantha and I went and registered for at Babies-R-Us a week ago, so that is done.  And yes I do check the list to see if anyone has bought something.  So far no :(  I think in my personal life everything is in place for now.  Things will change when she get's here but there is not a lot I can do until then.

Work on the other hand is far from ready.  It down one me today that I have two full months left in the office.  Yes, I know, I'm not due until June 2nd but I want everything at work set by the 13th of May just in case Princess comes early.  That gives me two months to make sure that everything I am responsible for is being taken care of.  A lot of the process I follow I have created, so taking what is in my brain and transferring it to somebody else is easier said than done.  Every time I start to make notes I flash back to my Dad and Eric doing Math homework and my Dad yelling at Eric "Don't you get it!".  I sometimes feel like I am banging my head against a wall.  I see one of two ways this maternity leave thing working out.  Either I come back to work and everything is perfect and they realize that don't need me as much as I thought or the whole CTAM program is in disarray and none of our due dates are being met.  I hope it's a nice happy medium between the two.

I guess all I can do is take it one day and a time and try to focus on the blessing that is coming. 

No comments: