Sunday, March 06, 2011

All these tests

I have come to the realization that there is such a thing as too much information.  I received an email from Group Health letting me know that I had new test results posted; it was the notes of the ultrasound tech from my last ultrasound.  As I was reading the results one thing stood out "hand remained flexed through out procedure".  So of course my over critical mind kept thinking, could this be something bad.  So I emailed my mid-wife and she finally got back to me today.

In her email she states that they were concerned about my babies limbs not growing due to the uterine synechiae they thought I had.  I had to Google that to figure out what the hell she was talking about, since I had not heard that term before.  It was the uterine band they mentioned at my anatomy screening.

I think there is a point were medical information can do more harm than good.  There is way too much information out there that a lay person can research and work themselves up into a frenzy over "what ifs".  I found myself doing that.

I need to relax and try and enjoy this time.  Because in three months I will not be able to sit on the couch and knit for the whole day.  I will be taking care of another human being that will have the ability to be anything she wants to be.  I need to focus on that.

No comments: