Friday, January 29, 2010

Super Excited

I've done it!!!!!!  No I haven't finally hired that hit man or told my crush my true feelings (J/J).  I have decided on a graduate program (drum roll please!!!)  Master of Science in Academic Advising from Kansas State University.  And no I don't have to move to Kansas, the program is fully online.  The program was developed in conjunction with NACADA (National Academic Advising Association) and has one multiple awards.  I am supper excited.

Know the big bucket of cold water.....I have to get off my ass and take either the MAT or GRE.  NO FUN.  I did find out that Troy University administors the MAT at my location.  They are literally right across the hall and I can take the test during my lunch hour.  Trying to schedule a time is no longer an excuse.  I just don't know why I am so scared of this damn thing.  I know I want too and need to persue my masters.  Especially if I want to move up in my field.  Dammit if I can survive a divorce I can apply to grad school.

The more I think about it the more I realize I am afraid of the rejection.  What if I'm not good enough?  What if I fail?  What if What if What if.  If I lived my life by what if's I would be living in a plastic bubble and I would never get out of bed.

My goal is to take the test in the next 60 days and apply to KSU before I go on summer vacation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it!!! If I was able to find the time to study enough to pass the GRE then you surely will. I guarentee that you have way more English sense than I have. I HATE english type tests. In my experience, grad school was way easier because I knew what I was getting into and was really interested in all the classes that I had to take.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

megan said...

Make sure your super-structured time includes relaxing time; the GRE is a killer. Kills pride, happiness, world peace, economic agendas, mosquitoes, time, and sanity- like all the plagues combined. And so Yahweh said unto Moses, "Thou shalt prevail over the GRE (and Egyptian slavery). Now where's my wine?" (Exodus 27:33)