Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Florida

So my trip to Florida has been extremely uneventful (Knock on Wood!!!)  Both my flights left on time, my rental car was waiting and my hotel room was waiting for me.

That's not to say there weren't some odd run-ins through out the day.  The first odd moment of the day was when I was waiting for my flight to board in SeaTac.  Because of all the bad weather on the east coast my flight was over booked, and AA was offering a $250 voucher and a connection through Chicago.  Seriously, Chicago!!!!  Yes let me give up  my perfectly good seat to hope I can get out of Chicago.  NO THANK YOU!!!!

The only other memorable moment was as I was boarding my second flight.  I am walking through first class and all I hear is a dog barking.  Not a cute little purse dog but a full fledged woof woof.  I couldn't help but laugh.  You spent all that money for a first class seat and you get to hear a dog park the whole two hour flight.  :)

I checked in for my rental car and I got a 2010 Heavenly blue VW Beetle.  I actually like that little car.  It was fun to drive and it is very girly.  The blue is almost an exact match to Tiffany Blue, and I like my Tiffanie's.  Then I get to my hold room and I have a balcony and a view of the gulf coast.  I can't wait for tomorrow night and have a glass of wine while sitting and looking at the water.  I'll post pictures.

Tomorrow start's the conference and there will a sign up sheet for different dinners.  I think I will actually participate.  I'm not going to make contacts if I hide in my room.

No comments: